I cannot take credit for this photo, but I can say that this is the little creature that I found hanging off the underside of a leaf on my jatropha. I didn’t have a camera when I discovered this jewel. I could not take photos and kill it fast enough after it stung me.
I do admit that the photo for this post was the first thing that popped into my mind. However, once the poison started screaming through my finger, all good thoughts were off. All those cute fuzzy hairs are poison tipped darts that have to be removed by using a sticky piece of tape and then wrapping the wound in baking soda paste. The saddleback caterpillar had to die after that. Hopefully, it was a painful death.