6 Thanksgiving Food Trivia Questions
- Who invented the green bean casserole that many people serve on Thanksgiving?
- Why does the cranberry sauce slide out of the can?
- If sweet potatoes are not potatoes, what are they?
- Does turkey really make you sleepy?
- Is there a difference between stuffing and dressing?
- Why do you hate Brussels sprouts?
6 Thanksgiving Food Trivia Questions and Answers
- Who invented the green bean casserole that many people serve on Thanksgiving? – A Campbell Soup employee – it’s still popular 60 years later
- Why does the cranberry sauce slide out of the can? – The cranberries are canned upside down, so it slides out ready to slice. The can has the rounded end on the top and the cutting end on the bottom. An air pocket at the top of the can pushes the cranberry out.
- If sweet potatoes are not potatoes, what are they? – They are members of the morning glory family.
- Does turkey really make you sleepy? – No. It doesn’t contain enough L-tryptophan to cause drowsiness. However eating lots of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and some pie will certainly cause you to be tired.
- Is there a difference between stuffing and dressing? – You might or might not be surprised to find out that yes, there is a difference, but it’s only based on where you grew up. Southern folk call it dressing while northern and western states call it stuffing.
- Why do you hate Brussels sprouts? – Believe it or not, it may be genetic. There is a gene variant that gives those who have it the ability to taste bitter compounds. The Brussels sprout is a bitter little thing.
Thank you for reading my Thanksgiving food trivia post! If you like this post and want to share, please share it with the world. I appreciate it.
Comments! I love comments, so if you like the quiz, please let me know. Maybe you have a suggestion for another quiz. I read all comments.
If you would like to see more trivia posts, then here are some more little quizzes for you: